Printed Fabric Bee: Found Object Marks

This past month’s The Printed Fabric Bee challenge topic was Found Object Marks. Leslie Jenison the Queen Bee, chose this topic, requesting neutrals with a pop of color on an 8 x 18 piece of fabric. Before I show you the collection that will be given away, here is my piece and my process.

Beefoundobjects

I started with this piece I had dyed with black fiber reactive dye mixed with enough water to make a lovely gray.

foundobj1

Since this was a challenge with found objects, I wanted to use a couple of my potato mashers found at thrift shops. I decided to first stamp the piece with deColourant. I love how this product takes away the color. I’m using my homemade gelatin plate as a stamp pad.

foundobj2

foundobj3

After stamping over the entire piece, I let it dry. When it was dry it was hard to see where I had stamped. However, as soon as I added the heat of the iron, the stamping appeared.

foundobj4Next it was time to add a pop of color. I thought a little orange would be nice so with my wood masher I added Pro Chemical ProFab Orange opaque fabric paint.

foundobj5

And here is the finished piece again.

Beefoundobjects

And a closeup.

beefoundobjcloseup

Here is my 6 x 6 piece for the giveaway.

Bee6x6foundobjNow for the giveaway, if you’d love to win this collection of 6 x 6 inch fabrics, just leave a comment on the Printed Fabric Bee blog post or the Facebook pageDeadline is June 14.

11393177_351935971671559_4217512587841229365_n

Stop by the other members’ blogs to see how they created their pieces. Good Luck!