Well, I finally got around to using those preserved botanicals – the ferns – the other day with my Gelli Arts Gel printing plate. And the jury is in – the ferns worked perfect, and I was able to put them back in the box for another session later.
However, I did find that the ferns with big leaves covered up a lot of the fabric and I didn’t get a good print.
However, I was way too heavy on the paint, something I talk about avoiding in my video. The less paint the better.
So I was happy with the next two.
As for the preserved botanicals, they worked fine. They ended with some paint on them, but besides that they will work for another session. I need to get out and preserve some more before they are gone for the season.
When I was playing, I also printed some pieces with my homemade permanent gelatin plate. I make it in December and it’s still going strong. I’ll be posting a comparison of the homemade and the Gelli Arts Gel plate soon. If you’re new here, check out my other posts on gelatin printing.