I must confess that I made this a year ago. I took all of the process pictures, did the stitching, and then wasn’t sure I really liked it. It’s been hiding in my studio for quite some time so yesterday I thought I’d do something drastic – dye it. Well, I dug it out from under some other projects and I just couldn’t do it. However, I still didn’t like it. It’s too bland or blah!
The background material is the top of a piece of drill cloth that I dyed with several colors. I really liked the blue, but didn’t care for the green. The triangles are make from a piece of my sun printed fabric. The piece was just was too blah, so I decided to paint it.
Here it is before I took the paint to it.
And now the after using Setacolors. I used colors I’ve never used before so this was a stretch.
I do love how this paint blends so beautifully.
Looking at the two pieces, I think of it as crap in and crap out. Starting with a background that included one of the colors in the triangles – maybe purple or red would have looked much better. Or I could have cut the triangles out of prettier fabric. It’s not that I hate this piece, it was just a lot of work back then for what I got out of it. Painting it may have helped a little, but it’s still crap. But that’s how we learn.
I soda soaked some fabric yesterday for something new. Love to try new things. Hope your Monday is starting out great.