I’m back to marbling using the carageenan size and the Pro Marbling Paints. This time I wanted to see how far I could push marbling on fabric, so I marbled on previously over marbled material. The only term I could come up with is triple-marbled fabric.
Here are my results. The first picture is the over marbled – the fabric I had marbled twice.
I thought it needed more blue so this time I added more. Adding the teal pushed back the magenta from the previous marbling session.
The next two pieces are ones I’ve not liked from the start. I didn’t like the original dyeing or the two previous marbling sessions. I do like what this last session did to them.
There is a point where the fabric can’t take any more dye. At three marbling sessions, I believe they have met their limit.
It was a fun experiment and I am happy with my results. However, the jury is still out on this marbling paint for fabric. They will convene on my next marbling post.
I don’t know about you, but everyone here at Happy Acres is waiting for spring including Puddin.