Yesterday was a busy day. So much still needs to be tended to outside, but I’ve not been feeling quite myself so I stayed inside and took care of some of inside chores.
First on the agenda was to wash the bedclothes. It’s time to put on the flannel sheets, so I went ahead and also put the summer quilt in line to be washed. I knew it wouldn’t take long for Puddin to think I had laid it there for her.
Gotta love that face!
Well, it wasn’t long before the old man, Sidd, joined her.
I’ve been asked how we keep track of all of our food in our freezers. “Doesn’t stuff get lost?”
Well, it helps to keep a running list. It’s not a perfect solution since we have to remember to add or remove what we put in or take out, but it gives us a pretty accurate idea of our stock.
This inventory list was created in Excel and we have a list for each freezer. I printed out an extra copy for the chest freezer and attached it to the top.
Yesterday was a good day to update it. We had crossed off and added so much stuff it was hard to read. It should really be updated every couple of months, especially during harvest season, but that doesn’t happen.
We don’t, however, keep a list for our freezer in our refrigerator in the kitchen. That may be the next list I need to put on my to-do list since stuff does get lost in there!
One of the other organizational things we do is keep a list of what we’re having for lunch and dinner for the week. Well, really Dave keeps the list. I made this simple form so that he had a place to write it down and then post it on the front of the refrigerator.
We’ve also been continuing on our soapmaking journey. While in the basement I took a picture of one of the three soaps we made last week curing before I put them away.
I’ll post more about them later. It sure smells good in the basement with all of this new soap. We are trying to tweak our recipes and decide on just a few we really like. We’ve found our first several soaps didn’t have enough fragrance.
We’ve also decided that we love goats milk soap, so we’ve been adding it to the last five we’ve made. We had used goats milk before but never used 100%. It seems to make a difference and a much better soap. But there is more testing before we are done.
I also worked yesterday on the meeting for our Master Gardener’s 2012 Garden Conference next October. I know that seems like a long way away, but there is so much to be done now. I am co-chairing it and Thursday will be our first meeting with all of the chairs who have been so wonderful to volunteer. After printing out the agenda and handouts, I’m ready for them!
My Fearless Art Journaling class is going by so fast! Wednesday will be our fourth session. I’ll be posting about what we did that day later on this week. Next week will be the final class. It’s been really fun teaching what I’ve learned and played with over the past two years.
That’s how my Sunday turned out. Got more done than I thought I would. Looking forward to a busy week.